Re: xine debs

>Other point: performance. I am getting around 70 dropped frames out of
>each block of 200... Which makes DVD useable, but impossible to really
>_watch_ a movie. What are others getting? This is on a G4/400 TiBook.
>Has anybody made any atttempt at using Altivec to speed things up?

I'm pretty sure most of the performance problem is not due to decoding
but to PCI throughput in Xv. This could probably be improved either by
using bust mastering within Xv (using DRI) but that would be quite
complicated, or by figuring out a way for Xv to map the YUV overlay
buffer write-through cacheable.

Ben.