Re: Latest BenH kernel supports mixer on TiBook

Citat Michel Lanners <mlan@cpu.lu>:

> On  21 Apr, this message from Jonas Smedegaard echoed through
> cyberspace:
> > Yeah - and now it seems to recognize properly (not only in "generic
> mode")
> > the Gigabit Ethernet driver in my TiBook. Now I could really want to
> do a
> > head-to-head speed test with another TiBook to see if it actually
> does
> > gigabit :-)
>
> Sorry, but no Gigabit here.... According to dmesg, my TiBook has a
> Broadcom BCM5221 PHY, of which you can find the spec here:
>
> http://www.broadcom.com/products/5221.html

Too bad - not that I really needed it anyway. I saw the name on bootup, but didn't check
specs (on a sidenote, AFAIK Benjamin wrote the code to spit out "Broadcom..." and he
was also the one menitioning gigabit support on this list earlier on - but I obviously
misunderstood).

 - Jonas

This mail sent through IMP: home.jones.dk