Re: Airport quality levels?

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 08:26:11AM +0200, Michel Lanners wrote:
> Something that should be avoided: hanging the base staion onto a
> vertical surface with Apple's bracket. This reduced receive level by 10
> dB for me!
>
> I suppose the problem lies in the polarization of the electromagnetic
> waves, which would in that case be different, hence non-aligned, and
> greatly reduce receive levels. I'll have to open up the base station and
> see in what position they mounted the antenna ;-)

 On /. a few weeks ago, I saw some good links to wireless info on
oreillynet.com (or something like that).  Find it yerself if ya want it :)

 One thing they mentioned was that the basestation radiates out mostly
horizontally, so putting it on top of your house might be a bad idea since
you'd be under it all the time.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y