Re: potato r3 is out, includes working boot floppies (was: Re: new potato boot-floppies)

Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 10:53:47AM -0700, Tovar wrote:
> >     For people who care about powerpc stuff....
> >
> [snip]
> >
> >     http://www.netfall.com/powerpc
> >
> >     Download the file boot-floppy-oldworld.img
> >

> just to let people know, potato r3 has been released yesterday, and
> with it comes fixed boot floppies that work on OldWorld again.
>
> you do not need the above unofficial image any longer, instead use the
> 2.2.23 boot floppies in potato r3.

I tried the new installation floppy on a G3 powermac with ADB keyboard.
The good point is that, it does allow you to issue the enter command and
install the root floppy image. The bad point is that network install
(nfs/network) is broken. Worse, I when I insert  the floppy for taken
form powermac directory driver-1.img, it request me a different
floppy...

Any idea?

--
   __
  /  `                   	Eric Valette - Canon CRF