Re: task-kde problems (fwd)

Daryl Moulder wrote:

> Does anyone know who is responsitble for maintaining the ppc version of
> kde debs?

Actually, the maintainer of a package is wholly responsible for it so he
should care if there are problems on some archs. Us porters can be viewed as a
kind of co-maintainers for all packages though.

> I thought it was Ivan E. Moore II but from his email (see below) it seems he
> does not know anything about it.

He doesn't and can't know about what our buildd is doing. It's really a
problem of that and not his packages.

Yes there is, it was down a few times in the last months but now it's been
running for about three weeks. Note that the KDE packages are very time and
resource intensive to build so they tend to lag even more than the rest.

I just uploaded kdenetwork 2.1.1-6 so kmail etc. should be in the archive
within 24 hours. It looks like kdeadmin is missing for task-kde, but I'm not
sure what to do there - it build-depends on librpm0-dev but that removes rpm
and thus alien for now. Should I build it with that nevertheless and also
rebuild rpm?