Re: Switching consoles (was Re: XFree4 on Pismo)

On Saturday 14 April 2001 10:20, Steven Hanley wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 11:52:39PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 06:43:08PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > > In the European Union, reverse engineering for reasons of
> > > interoperability is explicitly allowed.
> >
> > the US is far less sensible unfortunatly.
>
> we are also allowed to reverse engineer and such in .au, however I have
> never programmed in macos and dont have any macos devel tools, so wouldnt
> even know where to begin doing the equivalent of
> strace -f -p `pidof controlpanel`, though I could probably work out the ppc
> asm in a macos binary, it would be a long and slow process to work out what
> is happening inthe internals of a macos binary like that etc etc. Give me
> linux anyday. Free devel tools, open formats, open source, etc. though I am
> speaking to the converted so hey.

First of all: Where did DeCSS come from, huh?
And secondly, maybe we'll have a better chance with MacOS X, concerning free
devel tools and unix style development...

--
    Philipp von Weitershausen
[ *pronounce: "fun Viters-houzen" ]

Web http://www.philikon.de/