Re: pmud / harddisk / kernel problem

>Yup, that was it. No more purple haze effects. However sleep is
>unreliable at best. It usually fails to wakeup properly most times I
>attempt it. No screen, no disk, green sleep light stops, but nothing
>happens.

Keep up to date with rsync. The current tree works just fine on my
Pismo and most other testers using Pismos, iMacs or iBooks. The only
one known to still cause problems is the TiPb.

If you still have problems, then tell me more about your HW: how
much RAM do you have, any other device ? (like  non-apple device in
the media bay ? anything connected to the USB ?).

It's possible that sleep in linux still eats more power than sleep
in MacOS 9.0. That means that if you are running on battery and you
keep the powerbook sleeping a _long_ time, it might not wakeup due
to lack of power. I didn't have time yet to do actual measurements
to see how much power is consumed during sleep. It's definitely a lot
less than full wakeup, but probably more than macos sleep.

Ben.