Re: Ethernet card problems on PPC

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 03:08:30PM -0600, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> I've had very good luck with Donald Becker's ethernet drivers from
> www.scyld.com on my PowerMacs.
>
> Keep in mind that some people find his drivers hard to compile, but once
> they're compiled they work just as well (or better than) the drivers in
> the main kernel tree.

 Most of the drivers in Linus's tree are old versions of Becker's drivers
(however, there seems to be more diversity now, esp. in 2.4).  No idea why
they don't get updated.  I need to run Don's newest version of the tulip
driver for my ADMtek Centaur (which works awesome :).

 Don's drivers are top quality, in my experience.  He knows what he's doing,
being one of the designers of Beowulf.  I met him at a conference, and he's
a cool guy, too :)

 He's not the only person writing good NIC drivers, of course, but his
drivers are good.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y