Re: What ethernet HW is in the TiBook??

>>Should be gmac, like any recent Apple machine.
>
>I've had reports that the ethernet PHY of the TiBook was not recognized by
>the current kernel.

Ah, I guess that explains the "unknown PHY" message I'm getting at boot
from the kernel off the Debian 2.2r2 CD.  The ethernet does seem to work
though...

>I suggest you try my "devel" kernel (rsync from penguinppc.org::linux-
>2.4-benh).
>I added some "generic" code for unknown PHYs that may help.
>
>With some luck, sleep should also work with this kernel (it works fine on my
>Pismo now).

I'll certainly give this a whirl, I definately want sleep support.

-raf

Eric: I want to live in a world where software doesn't suck //////////
Richard: Any software that isn't free sucks ////////// rafial@well.com
Linus: I'm interested in free beer ///// <http://www.3roses.com/> ////