Re: XFree86 4.x

   When trying to run the server using the autogenerated config (XFree86
   -configure), it didn't want to run because of troubles with my second video
   card (first card is RAGE II+ with OF ROM, second card is uninitialized S3
   Trio64V+ with PC BIOS ROM). After disabling the second head, XFree86 started
   and finally did what I had expected: lock up the system hard :-)

   So the default config works fine, the autogenerated config doesn't. [...]

Did you ever get the S3 Trio64V+ to work under *any* version of LINUX and/or
xserver?  If you so, which one(s).  If you have, would you be so kind as to
e-mail me the 'XF86Config' and/or your '.config' file, along where you got
the source/binary?  I'm still stuck with whatever screen resolution that
MacOS sets for the ix3D (as 'imstt' doesn't work for that card) and i'm
old enough to need to change the screen resolution dynamically to read
the fixed-sized (e.g. tiny) fonts that various WWW sites choose.

                                    -- Tovar