AdvanSys SCSI card

I have an SIIG scsi card (uses AdvanSys chips) i want to put in my SuperMac C500 and boot from. I compilied a new 2.2.18 kernel including the AdvanSys driver. I can boot into MacOS from the scsi card but when I boot Linux I get a kernel panic. If I move the hard drive back to the internal MESH connector it works fine.

During boot I get the following message:
AscInitAsc 1000Driver: board 0: error: init_state 1f warn 0 error 2

I'm not sure if that error is from the AdvanSys driver probing the built in board and deciding it isn't an AdvanSys board or if it's a real error for the AdvanSys board.

Anyone know if this board works with Linux 2.2.18 kernel on PowerPC?

Also, is there something I need to edit to point Linux at the other card? This is the only hard drive in the system (during testing at least) so I'm assuming it's still /dev/sda on either card.