Re: Stupid Netatalk problem

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 05:18:18PM +0200, Andrei Verovski wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have installed Netatalk on my LinuxPPC box, configured it, but got a

if its LinuxPPC and not Debian for PowerPC then you should ask
LinuxPPC support.

> stupid problem. The Linux box is visible as AppleTalk device, but it
> refuses ALL passwords for ALL users (I am sure it rejects pw only). Could
> not figure out why. My configs looks like this (others are default):

what do the logs say?  on debian this is /var/log/daemon.log and
/var/log/auth.log.

> afpd.conf
> "Linux AppleShare IP"  -tcp -ddp -setpassword -savepassword -uamlist
> uams_clrtxt.so

i don't know what this uams_clrtxt.so thing is, i have in my
afpd.conf:

plato   -tcp  -noddp -nosetpassword -nouservol -noguest

(this disables AppleTalk which i don't want polluting my network)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/