Re: BootX and the Stuffit Fiasco.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 07:17:11PM -0800, Sam Powers wrote:

> heh, right, we all wish that were the case, but it's not. Last time I
> installed OS X, it still used HFS, which means that while apple is phasing
> them out, their presence is still so predominant that they just can't afford
> such a sudden snap in compatability.

i installed the public beta onto a UFS filesystem, its an option in
the installer.  it functioned correctly, and in fact was quite a bit
faster.  (i tried it on both).  (on a scsi disk /dev/sda to be exact)

then i booted back into debian and ran badblocks -w /dev/sda ;-)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/