Re: Help with X on iBook?

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:49:14PM +0000, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > Michel Dänzer wrote:

> > > I see. Unfortunately, this has the same 'problems' as the fbdev approach
> > > (Linux only, /proc must be mounted, ...)
> >
> > Well, how does the kernel do ? Just do the same in XFree...
>
> Xfree86 has to run on a wide varietyy of Oses, some you even never heard of
> maybe, so you cannot just assume you are using linux.

If you were to snip the text well, you wouldn't have had to write this
email, and me to answer it.
I also said "It wouldn't need /proc and would work on all the PowerMac
Unices."

BTW, I guess that the information comes from OF, we'd need some OS
specific code to retrieve this information... I guess

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net