Re: debian-powerpc: I can't find pmud

run lynx, browse to:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/

browse to the package you want, download it. Lynx will automatically download and install the package. This is how I added the SolidPop server from unstable to my potato install. Read the dependencies section on the package page and make sure you've got what it needs.

Kevin

At 17:05 -0800 2/26/2001, Wilhelm Fitzpatrick wrote:
 > In apt 0.5 it is now possible to do "apt-get install pmud/testing" to
 install another release's version of a single package.

 apt 0.5 is only in unstable at the moment, so it wouldn't have helped your
 particular case, but in the future these things should be easier.

I'd read this elsewhere, and wondered if it would be possible to download
and install the apt 0.5 deb seperately to get the functionality now.  Or
does apt have too many dependencies on newer libraries, etc in unstable
for this to be practical?