C500 problems

I think this is a hardware problem, but I was running LinuxPPC (1999 R5) for quite awhile on this system with no problems so i'm not sure.

Trying to install Debian Potato on a C500. It's got a 4GB SCSI drive in it. I'm seeing 2 issues:

1) BootX - When I use the BootX extension I get an Unimplemented Trap error. If I boot all the way to MacOS and run the app instead it boots into the installer fine. I have the linux kernel and ramdisk.tar.gz from the disks section in the potato directory. I've tried making the extension an INIT instead os scri with ResEdit but that doesn't.

2) When I get to the initialize a partition section of the installer it hangs -- sometimes on the writing superblocks, sometimes on the read block test. I'm using the built in scsi card from the C500 (mesh controller I think). Are there any known issues with the default kernel that might be causing this?

Thanks - Kevin