Re: Pushing up daisies...

> > How I miss the mass-market CHRP boards IBM promised us!
>
> IBM didn't want to produce the boards themself. They just provided a
reference
> implementation. It's (a.o.?) Tatung and Umax that are to blame, for not
wanting
> to produce those boards (they didn't believe in Linux) after Steve Jobs
killed
> MacOS for CHRP...

I can understand them not wanting to make CHRP boards without MacOS
since that would have been a large part of their sales.  The fewer boards
they make, the greater the cost per board would be - I sincerely doubt
Linux would provide be a big enough market to make it worthwhile.

--
C-YA
Jon

<http://www.witchspace.com>