Debian Potato on G4/AGP

Hello,

One more of those annoying newbies who can't install the thing...

I had Debian Potato (downloaded the ISOs) up and running quite lovely on a
Powerbook G3/Firewire and have now managed to get a spare G4/AGP to run as a
dedicated Linux server. Unfortunately I can't get the darned thing to boot
up from my Debian CD...

The boot from CD gets as far as "input0: Macintosh mouse button emulation"
and then nothing. It just sits there hanging.

I've tried booting from CD with the mouse and without the mouse and nothing
seems to change. The only thing notable with this G4 is the extra ATI
Rage-128 video card in it - but I see the boot process is picking both video
cards up quite fine.

The same CD worked fine on the Powerbook so I'm pretty sure it's a good CD.
Anyone know what's up?

TIA.

    Jon.