Re: debian: where can I find ieeefp.h header file.

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 04:53:33PM +1100, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> Pollywog wrote:
>
> >> I'm trying to compile SystemC (opensource C++ HDL) from
> >> www.systemc.org.  It configures but will not build because it can't find
> >> ieeefp.h.  Does this file exist in any debian pacakges ?  If so, which
> >> one ???
> >
> > libc5-altdev: /usr/i486-linuxlibc1/include/i386/ieeefp.h
>
> OK I found this by doing the search, but I have a powerpc based
> machine.  It doesn't seem to be available for powerpc !!!
> Anyone know if I can install this from a non-debian source ???

well the problem here is that libc5 was not what one could call usable on the
ppc architecture with linux. Userspace on ppc did not really become that
similar to or as easy to use as x86 linux userspace until glibc was
available. AFAIR there were many problems that had to be ironed out with
early glibc anyway.

I am pretty sure you will be able to find something in glibc or some other
library that has the definitions that are needed by this code, or with some
small changes you could make the code use something else. Libc5 is not
available as it didnt work correctly on ppc linux.

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh