Re: pmud 0.7-3 (powerpc)

> > I believe pmud does not wake up /dev/mouse0.
> > It does seem to wake up /dev/mouse1, as from the log.
> > When using /dev/input/mice I had no such problems.
>
> I had this problem on my powerbook as well.  It turns out that
> after wakeup the trackpad goes from being /dev/input/mouse0 to
> /dev/input/mouse2...  So editing gpm.conf provides a
> work-around....

The input device ordering on wakeup (or after booting) is a kernel issue.
If there's problems with device reordering (_without_ you plugging in
additional mice or removing some), please report it to the kernel list, or
those people in charge of the input device code. Or just do the obvious:
use /dev/input/mice. Just don't blame pmud.
There is no kernel interface to define a device ID to device number
mapping to force a specific ordering. If you feel there's need for that,
please go ahead and implement it. If you have a good idea to force the
same order of device probing on wakeup, equally fine. linuxppc-dev is the
best place to send patches.

Side note: the same could have happened with multiple ADB mice before.
Only we never had separate devices for all the mice. ADB device probing is
inherently random even.

	Michael