Re: XFree86 on potato

I ran MAKEDEV generic-powerpc after rpm -e'ing the dev RPM. This created the devices I needed to run X and use the mouse, which is /dev/adbmouse. /etc/X11/XFree86Config looks like:

Section "Pointer"
  Protocol "BusMouse"
  Device "/dev/adbmouse"

Taro

Michael Schmitz wrote:

adbmouse. Then I edited /etc/X11/XF86Config so that the mouse device was adbmouse.

DO NOT use the dev rpm, aliened or not, IT WILL RUIN YOUR SYSTEM!
someone already made that mistake earlier and had to use boot floppies
to recover.  its not that hard to use mknod to create the handfull of
nodes you need.

mknod /dev/adbmouse c 10 10 should do it. BTW: adbmouse is deprecated and
should not be uses together with the new input layer. Use /dev/input/mice
(c 13 63) instead.

	Michael