Re: building XF4 Server and driver so only?

On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, Steven Hanley wrote:
> so, I disabled the fbdriver and did a make World again, 45 minutes later (is
> there an option to the make command so it actually uses make's dependances
> and goes to where the compile crapped out or whatever and starts from there?

Yes. `just type make' and it continues where it stopped (or rebuilds everything
that needs rebuilding) instead of erasing all build stuff first.

If you're interested in the X server only, `cd xc/programs/Xserver; make' is
sufficient to rebuild as well.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds