Re: installing Xfree (newbie)

On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 10:47:20PM +0100, Mark Lamers wrote:
> > Oops. I didn't answer your actual question... the utility you
> > want is called dexconf... /usr/bin/dexconf to be exact.
>
> I can't find this package either neither on disk or with apt-get. I'm sorry
> but I'm only used to Suse and Red Hat distro's. Could you kindly help me
> further?

Under Xfree86 4.0.x it's in the package xserver-common. I
believe it's the same for 3.x which I suspect you are running.

Actually a little more info about your setup could be helpful...

For instance, what machine are you installing on?  Beige G3?
Blue and white?  7600?  There are a lot of people who have had X
running in one way or another on these machines.

Also I assume (if you're a newbie) that you are installing
from Stable...

--
-- mark at outlook dot net
-- Outlook Technologies is in *no way* affiliated with Microsoft