Re: internal speakers on Pismo

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 12:49:32PM +0200, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wanted to say the following:
> >after three days of fiddling with hardware registers, I managed to make
> >it sound!
> >I'll work with Iain Sandoe to clean it up and merge it into the
> >mainstream kernel.
> >
> >For the really impatient:
> >- use Ben Herrenschidt's 2.2.17pre10-ben2 kernel source
> >- apply Iain's dmasound patch
> >- replace drivers/sound/dmasound/dmasound_awacs.c and .../awacs_defs.h
> >with the attached versions
> >
> >Note that this contains ugly hacks, lots of debugging code, may crash on
> >any machine other than Pismo, ... you got the picture.
>
> Cool ;)
>
> I'll look at you stuff in more details tonight. I'll try to put a version
> in my rsync tree (using the old 2.2.x dmasound) making sure it doesn't
> break older boxes. I'll probably let Iain take care of 2.4

Ok, built linux-pmac-benh today from rsync and speakers work. Microphone input
works too btw, but it gets mapped to the "line in" in gmix. Or at least I
can hear the mic input from the speakers when I crank up line and speaker
sliders.. dunno if I can record, havent had a change to test it yet.

Tuomas

--

.--->  tigert@helixcode.com     .    |\,/|          tigert@gimp.org  <-----.
+---->  www.helixcode.com      -  ()-@@  ,           tigert.gimp.org  <----+