Re: internal speakers on Pismo

Quoting Benjamin Herrenschmidt <bh40@calva.net>:

> >after three days of fiddling with hardware registers, I managed to make
> >it sound!
> >I'll work with Iain Sandoe to clean it up and merge it into the
> >mainstream kernel.
> >
> >For the really impatient:
> >- use Ben Herrenschidt's 2.2.17pre10-ben2 kernel source
> >- apply Iain's dmasound patch
> >- replace drivers/sound/dmasound/dmasound_awacs.c and .../awacs_defs.h
> >with the attached versions
> >
> >Note that this contains ugly hacks, lots of debugging code, may crash
> on
> >any machine other than Pismo, ... you got the picture.
>
> Cool ;)
>
> I'll look at you stuff in more details tonight. I'll try to put a
> version
> in my rsync tree (using the old 2.2.x dmasound) making sure it doesn't
> break older boxes. I'll probably let Iain take care of 2.4
>
> Ben.

While talking about sound... I've got "cracks" when changing the volume on my
iMac. This only happens on the left speaker (on *my* left), also happens with
headphones (so it's not the speakers fault). Changing volume up and down gives
me the same sound as a broken hifi volume control.

Could this come from my iMac ? Does anybody know a _real_ mixer for MacOS so
that I could see if it crackles the same way ?

/Hadess
http://hadess.net