Re: IDE-problems

Benjamin Herrenschmidt <bh40@calva.net> writes:

> Thanks. Now, I'd like if you could try to get more precise values because
> those I sent you are really too high.

Let me first say that
>> In function dma_bits_to_command(), comment out the MDMA 2 case
gave me Multiword DMA 1 instead of 2, but didn't have any other effect.

> Can you try changing only one of them, and then try decreasing them until
> you find the "breaking" point ?

wait_for_ready 5000 / IDE_WAKEUP_DELAY_MS 5000 is too short. So the
truth should lie somewhere in the middle.

I had to notice that even with wait_for_ready 5000 /
IDE_WAKEUP_DELAY_MS 10000, which is fine at bootup, the HDD won't spin
up at all (which locks the machine), whereas the CD-ROM does. I have
purged pmud for now.

> Also, to get rid of the interrupt, can you try changing
> pmac_ide_do_setfeature() this way: (hand-made diff)

I'll give it a try, but as it takes almost an hour to compile
a kernel here, it may take some time.

Andre