Re: Debian on 7200 -- Success!

On Tuesday 25 July 2000, at 22 h 56, Werner Teeling
<werner@waag.org> wrote:
 >Installing Debian GNU/Linux on a PowerMac 7200
 [detailed info on how to install - thanx !]

 I almost gave up installing Debian on my 7200, especially after
 reading previous posts on this list.

At 26-07-2000 (23:07 +0200), Stephane Bortzmeyer  wrote:
???  http://www.internatif.org/bortzmeyer/powermac7200/

Hey ! Gimme a break !

On that site, he even says:  "Installing Debian on a PowerMacintosh
(-> very short <-)", which is a link to the official Debian docs for PPC.

That info didn't get me started, and initial searches in the archive failed. (Numbers aren't indexed, so you can't search on '7200')

With 'previous posts', I refered to this thread :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc-0007/msg00086.html

"frankly i would suggest selling the damn thing and getting a newworld
box (a used imac or something)  nobody is testing kernels on 7200's
and nobody other then Dan seems to give a damn whether quik works or
not.  oldworld macs are a total nightmare for running GNU/Linux. "

Maybe true, but not really a moral booster.

Werner.
--

           De Maatschappij voor Oude en Nieuwe Media