Re: xconfigurator or something

Cameron wrote:

> Can someone tell me where I can get an rpm (shudder) of xconfigurator or
> some other tool for simplifying the setup of X? I've had basically no luck
> with setting up X manually.

Your best bet it so find someone with a similar setup that has a working
XF86Config and use that.  Otherwise, if you have a relatively new ppc with a
chipset that is well supported, setting up XFree86 v4 is (IMHO) a lot easier; no
modelines.  You might also check out Xpmac, which is probably faster for you
than the fbdev that comes with XFree86 v3.3.x (for ATI chipsets) and requires
almost no configuration.  If you can get a console video mode, you can get it to
work with Xpmac (it takes it's configuration from your current console video
mode).

HTH
--Nelson Abramson

--