Re: IDE-problems

> > You could try the following to narrow down the problem further:
> >
> > - omit the -p in the wakeup hdparm command, to make sure we're not running
> > into a problem with PIO mode autotune here (the kernel option is kind of
> > defeated by that option for all I can see).
>
> Sorry, which one is the wakeup command? I have removed every -p from
> the PB3400 section I could find for now.

The one with the -d1 in it (to enable DMA, -d0 turns if off).

> > - add a -x34 after the -d1 in the wakeup command (see hdparm man
> page).
>
> It's actually -X34 according to the man page.

Fine, I had glossed over the man page and was quoting off the cuff there.

> BTW: Can I also turn off the backlight in order to save energy?

These commands should go in pwrctl-local, and fblevel [on|off] switches
backlight on or off. I actually like fblevel [0-32] better as you can
still turn the backlight back on once it was set to 0 (functionally
equivalent to off) using the brightness keys. That's not possible with
fbset off.

	Michael