Re: X Free

Cameron wrote:

> I have to use the same settings as my frame buffer?

Do you use matroxfb or offb for the console? In the latter case you are indeed
limited to the console resolution and depth AFAIK.

> With a matrox g200 (I think that's what it is, I got the thing just a few
> days ago), what Xserver should I even be using?

There's only the fbdev server for PPC in 3.3.x .

Provided you can get 4.0.x working, that would be much better - the mga driver
is one of the most advanced drivers wrt performance and features.

Michel

--
The computer revolution is over. The computers won.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS