Re: IDE-problems

At 08:32 +0200 7/25/00, Andre Berger wrote:
>I get the follpwing message every now and then on my potato box, a
>PowerBook 3400 (custom 2.2.17pre11, IDE settings not changed from pmac
>standard), or even a complete lockup at boot time which forces me to
>press the reset btn, and has already resulted in data loss(t+found):
>
>hda: Enabling MultiWord DMA 2
>ide_pmace: wait_for_ready, error status: 51
>pmac_ide_do_setfeature disk not ready after SET_FEATURE !
>hda: dma_intr: status=0x00 { }
>hda: Failed !

I get similar ide related errors or lockups on boot on my PB3400, with both
the packaged kernels available in frozen (.15pre? and .17pre?) but the
error message I see most often is "lost interrupt"  I haven't been able to
figure out why.  I can say that I ran several different older kernel
versions under LinuxPPC without ever having any IDE problems, before
switching to Debian...

-raf

Eric: I want to live in a world where software doesn't suck //////////
Richard: Any software that isn't free sucks ////////// rafial@well.com
Linus: I'm interested in free beer ///// <http://www.3roses.com/> ////