Re: X Free

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Cameron wrote:

> I have to use the same settings as my frame buffer? How can I get around
> this, I wanna run something like 1024 x 768 or perhaps 1280 x 1024.

No. The fbset trick is just a quick way to get a working config in case
you don't know the timings yourself or don't know the proper format for
the XF86Config file. The numbers you get from fbset are guaranteed to
work, since they're already in use by the framebuffer.

You can put any modes you want into the config file. It's exactly the same
as XFree 3.x on any other platform.