OF UK keymap and menu_ofboot.b

on 14/7/2000 12:45 pm, LATBauerdick at Lothar.A.T.Bauerdick@desy.de wrote:

> Excuse me if this is a FAQ:
>
> I'm trying to get yaboot running on my iMac with a German keyboard, but I
> encounter a fatal obstacle:
>
> I understand that the setup involves to define the boot device in OF, which
> unfortunately means that one has to type in a line containing some
> backslashes.
>
> It turns out that a German keyboard does not send the necessary key codes to
> generate a backslash! I had notices this before with an older distribution
> of linuxppc - in debian potato and LinuxPPC2000 this now works fine w/o
> xmodmap.
>
> However, at the OF prompt (after booting with command option OF) I do not
> find a way to send the necessary back-slashes!
>
> (BTW, the "nvsetenv" command from the LinuxPPC distribution seems to be
> broken?)
>
> Who can help me with this one?
>
> Cheers, LatB
>

> --

This is not an FAQ question as far as Iam aware. I have the Same problem
with my UK Rev B iMac . I cannot get the '\' in OF ( 3.0f2 OF ). The low
level keyboard mapping also seems different such that the menu_ofboot.b (
renamed to ofboot.b due to known issues ) script does not work for me. It
been driving me crazy! Has anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this ??

Thanks
Derek