Re: CALL FOR HELP : debian boot floppies 2.2.15 on apus still not ok.

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> > > It works if I omit the '=/dev/loop0' , and now on the second try (after
> > > getting back to the installer main menu) df shows /dev/loop0 .
> > >
> > > So the problem must be elsewhere, any ideas?
> >
> > Oho!  Now that is interesting.  Is /dev/loop0 created properly (I think
> > someone doublechecked that earlier...)?  If so, then I would blame the
> > APUS kernel patches.
>
> Ok, but remember, when i install the base tarball by hand, the above works
> without problem, with the exact same kernel. But then modules are installed,
> that is the only difference, but the loop module is builtin.
>
> Could there be another module that has soime influence on this ?

You can find out very easily: lsmod will tell after you have mounted the
image.

What really caught my eye in the log though was that dbootstrap doesn't even
use the -o loop[=...] mount option, it apparently uses losetup to initialize
the loop device and then mounts from it directly. I feel the problem might be
there somewhere.

Michel

--
...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS