Re: CALL FOR HELP : debian boot floppies 2.2.15 on apus still not ok.

On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 10:24:36PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > Everything works fine, but when i come to the step where i would normally do
> > :
> >
> >   * install os kernel & modules
> >
> > i give the corrct place in the requester, and dbootstrap tries to loop mount
> > the rescue.bin image to fetch the kernel and the modules, and fail.
>
> Confirm that. ("Roger that" ;)
>
> Messages from VT 3 I consider relevant:
>
> running cmd 'mount -r -t ext2 /dev/loop0 /floppy'
> Mounting /dev/loop0 on /floppy failed: invalid argument
>
> Looks like it tries to use /dev/loop0 as a fake floppy drive and fails.
>

> > I then tried testing by hand, with :
> >
> > $ mount -r -t vfat -o loop=/dev/loop0 resceu.bin /mnt
> > Mounting rescue.bin on /mnt failed : block device required
>
> It has just worked for me with just '-o loop', and I notice that it seems to
> be mounted from /dev/loop1 (df output).

Ok, nice to know that, will try this evening, ...

If that is true, it must most definitvely be related to the mount program, ...

> > $ mount -r -t vfat -o loop=/dev/loop0 resceu.bin /mnt
> >
> > And see if it can be mounted ...
>
> It works if I omit the '=/dev/loop0' , and now on the second try (after
> getting back to the installer main menu) df shows /dev/loop0 .

well, i confirm this works on my i386 box (changing resceu to rescue
naturally), as well as on apus, when i boot into the base install (with the
true mount)

Erik, what do you think about it ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER