Re: Pismo status

Worth schrieb:

> On Thu, 18 May 2000, Sergio Brandano wrote:

> >  There is one standard feature of automobiles that has not yet been
> >  implemented for computers, namely if you switch off the computer the
> >  cooling system should stay on until needed.

Thought about it some time ago, too...

> And, on liquid cooled systems, to avoiding condensation problems.

As responsible for a liquid cooled system, my old VW Golf I's fan sometimes
started to make noise after shutting down the machine.

> No need to wait for the fan, it's not the only cooling source, or
> even the primary. The semiconductor junctions are already as hot as they
> are going to get and are not producing any more heat. The surface of the
> heat sink may have an upward transient at shutdown due to the loss of
> airflow, but it's still cooler than those junctions or the bulk of the
> heat sink.

If it is so, there's no need for the following: one extra feature of some
bicycle's lamps is to load power into a condensator(?) (or what ever it
is). If the electricity from the dynamo is missing during stops, the
thing is unloading, keeping the lamp burn for a while.

Maybe not a interesting detail at all,
Knut