Re: Disk copy and dd image files -- howto

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 11:20:27AM -0700, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 12:45:25AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after a earlier message i did some testing of dd floppy images and
> > Apple's disk copy 6.3.3, a friend of mine claimed it would make
> > floppies from dd images with no special effort, i however had to fsck
> > with it to get it to work... but it DOES work:
>
> Thanks!  Committed to debian-cd.

great!

> > you must set the file type and creator of the dd image to type: `DDim'
> > Creator: ddsk
>
> > when the floppy is ejected SET THE WRITE PROTECT TAB!  otherwise if
> > you accidently mount it in macos, macos will `helpfully' ruin it.
>
> Blah.  We need to document that somewhere.  Feel like a patch to the
> boot-floppies CVS? :P

hum where would such docs go?  BTW did you integrate the other docs i
wrote for you ;-)

(the instructions for creating a bootstrap partition and installing
the yaboot stuff initially after a base install, all at
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/debian/)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/