PowerPrint Specs!!

Hey everyone,

The good folks over at Infowave have deliberated for a couple of months,
and then out of the blue, just sent me an HTML file describing in great
detail how to talk to their PowerPrint Apple serial parallel converter
cable!  Turns out there's an ASIC in there which, if you don't send it
certain specific commands, will hang...

They did not give any distribution/modification conditions, so to be on
the safe side, I asked and will hold off forwarding the document until
they reply.  You may end up having to go to them to get it.  (No, I'm
not going to be like the guys who posted the MS Kerberos extension spec
to Slashdot, so don't ask.)  In any case, it's too big to post to a
list, so if they let me, I'll either put it on a website or send it in
reply to requests.

Does anyone else have one of these who would like to help write some
kind of a driver?  My guess is that the first cut will have to be a
standalone program which magicfilter will have to pipe to, later maybe
it can be integrated into printtool or some such.  Maybe a kernel
module?

Zeen,

-Adam P.