Re: Debian pmud package available

on 23-05-2000 20:09, Michael Schmitz at
schmitz@zirkon.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

>> Thank's a lot for making this package. Did you manage to contact
>> Stephan? What about the apmd patch?

Yes, thanks! If you wish I can pull it to my source-tree and also distribute
the debian package on every release...

> Just what I needed to get half way up to speed with Debian packaging again
> :-)
>
> I've not had an answer from Stephan but I didn't give him any heads-up
> either. The apmd patch seems to be included, it's enabled by the -a option
> to pmud as far as I could see. The fifo (/etc/power/apm) is created
> during installation, so all it should take is adding the -a to the
> PMUD_FLAGS definition in /etc/default/power. I need to document this :-)

Yes, it's activated with the -a flag (see pmud --help for details). I need
to modify the manuals and /etc/power/apm. You must have a modified apm
program to use it however, as the 'standard' apm programs all read from
/proc/apm and this path is usually compile time determined...

--
Stephan