Re: Pismo status

> The problem with the screensaver is that it will use the CPU, and so
> it prevents it from going to the DOZE mode (power saving mode). This
> is done in the kernel idle task. That's why, for example, just
> browsing text will eat less battery on a powerbook than doing big
> compiles or calculations.

 This goes back to my original request to the GNOME group, leading to
 the answer that GNOME is not Apple-pmud compliant, to the patch for
 making pmud compatible with apmd, and that famous porting of the rpm
 package to Debian that Stephan Leemburg is known to be putting
 together since April 10. Hey Stephan, how are you doing? Do you need
 help?

 Sergio