Re: Pismo status

Sergio Brandano wrote:

I'm not going to comment on your flamebait other than if you think Intel is
better than PowerPC, sell your Powerbook and stop complaining.

> I also experienced that GNOME's screen saver pumps up the CPU to 100% when
> it is active. If the PowerBook is cool before triggering the screen saver,
> it gets boiling hot (with fan spinning) after 30mins. Why is that? I would
> expect it to shut the display off and similar things, rather than
> deliberately trying to fry my baby.

Just turn off the screensaver in the GNOME control center and it will behave
exactly like you expect it to.

Michel

--
                        Press every key to continue.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS