Re: HTTP corruption during install?

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> Trying to install Debian on a PowerBook G3, with boot-floppies 2.2.13, I
> noticed that retrieving any file by HTTP yields an "error installing file
> drivers.tgz" (or base2_2.tgz. "zcat THEFILE | tar tvf -" shows that it is
> indeed corrupted. Using an HTTP proxy or not changes nothing.
>
> On another Linux machine (a i386), I can retrieve the very same file with
> HTTP clients and there is no corruption. Exporting then this file with NFS,
> I was able to complete the installation.
>
> So, it really seems HTTP transfer in dbootstrap corrupt files. Did anyone
> use it with success?

Yes. I had also gotten errors with the Kernel & Modules first, but I guess I
had misconfigured the network.

What was worse for me was that I had to build gnome-core myself because
gnome-panel is version -1.0.1 in potato...

Michel

--
There's no place like ~
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS