Re: compile problem with current bk tree (fwd)

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2000 at 03:14:45PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > >
> > > ???
> > >
> > > I have installed the latest gcc, and it's 2.95.2-x .
> >
> > Are you using potato? I'm using woody.
>
> as Dan has mentioned woody is broken, incomplete, half baked etc etc.
>
> basically everyone is quite busy making potato ready for release and
> woody is neglected until that happens.  switch to frozen until potato
> is released then look at woody agian.

I switched to potato again and now I have 1:2.95.2-10.

Note that s/woody/potato/ and `apt-get update; apt-get upgrade -u' wasn't
sufficient to upgrade gcc. I had to explicitly run `apt-get install gcc'.

Kernel compile works fine, let's see whether it runs as well...

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

							    -- Linus Torvalds