pcmcia packages

I've built pcmcia packages for powerpc (try saying that five times
fast!), using the archive's source packages.  I used:

pcmcia-cs-3.1.4-1
kernel-image-2.2.15pre20-1
kernel-source-2.2.15pre19-2
kernel-patch-powerpc-20000422-2.2.15pre20-1

The only change I had to make was in the linux source's makefile,
changing EXTRAVERSION to be "pre20", so that the pcmcia modules would
agree with the kernel.  I'm sure there's a better fix for this, but I'm
in the middle of writing a thesis and haven't got time to go poking
around.

Anyway, this combination seems to work ok for me on my PowerBook 2400
with a 3Com 3c589 10BaseT card.  That's the only test I can make with
my equipment.

I've put the pcmcia debs in <http://master.debian.org/~tew/>, so
someone can look at them to see if they work on other equipment.
If all looks Ok, someone should build real debs and put them in the
archive.

tew

--
ted whalen - tew@debian.org