Re: 2.3.99pre7-8 experiences

Cort Dougan wrote:

> Are you using the stock 2.3.99-pre7-pre8 or the maintained version from
> http://www.fsmlabs.com/linuxppcbk.html?  Some of these problems are taken
> care of and I'd to know which ar still lingering around.
>
> The ppc_ksyms.c patch won't work in some cases since we have other
> debuggers that load as modules (other than xmon/kgdb built-in) and need
> these symbols.

Okay, then what to do about linking?  It fails on missing symbols if I leave this
un-ifdef'd.

> Why the ADB_PMU ifdefs?  Do you have a case where you don't need that code
> but it's built in?

Because I don't have a powerbook, so I don't have PMU.  If CONFIG_ADB_PMU=y, then it
builds and links fine, but that would be cheating. :-)

I shouldn't need to have that config option if I don't have a PMU, and this lets me build
and boot with CONFIG_ADB_PMU not defined.  More Kosher this way, yes?

Thanks,

-Adam P.