Re: XFree86 4.0 binaries

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 01:39:11PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Sven LUTHER wrote:

>                                                   ^^^^^^
> > >
> > > Are you sure the chip in those Notebooks is from the Rage128 family?
> > >
> > > If it's in fact from the mach64 family, you'll have to use the fbdev
> > > driver for now - you might need a recent kernel which corrects broken OF
> > > PCI memory ranges from though.
> >
> > No it is a Rage128, but a Rage128 mobility chip. I am sure this chips have
> > different identifier than the desktop version of the rage128. So this would
> > have to be added at the right place (should be not so difficult, please
> > report the chip id from /proc/pci, or if a name is given there, look at the > kenrel source for the place where this name is defined.)
>
> The ID is there.

For the Rage 128 mobility ? maybe it is a special apple rage 128 mobility :)))

> > Then you have only to add it to the right place in the 4.0 source and
> > recompile.
> >
> > Though i think the best way wouldbe to get the device id, and then contact
> > the Xfree rage128 maintainer (on xfree-mga and/or xfree-devel i think).
>
> mga???

Sorry, i was sleeping ...

> I'd say either Keith Packard, Kostas Gewrgiou or Ani Joshi wouldn't be bad.

BTW, michel, i enabled sync and clipping accels on the pm3 driver, same
functions as pm2 ones, the rest cause problems and will have to be rewriten.

but when i enter a bad login in gdm, the gdm requester shivers from right to
left and vice versa, about 10-20 pixels, becoming less, before stabilizing.
Did you already encounter such a problem ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER