Re: what the hell is ``bondi blue?''

On Thu, 4 May 2000, Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 10:58:09AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> >
> > Besides, we'll be on devfs, probably.  Ben is working on a way to make
> > OF paths user accessible, also.
>
> i will switch to BSD before i ever use that abomination :P
>
> any solution must work with the old way, not just the experimental and
> optional devfs.

At least one of the BSD's (I think it's FreeBSD) has a DevFS...

I can't realise what you possible could have against devfs. Solaris has
it, AIX has it, Irix has it, if I'm not all wrong MacOS X & Darwin has
it.

It's natural, it's not an abomination.

I'd like to hear you come up with a good solution that doesn't use DevFS
and yet handles 40-50 hot-pluggable devices (USB/Firewire/Fibrechannel
etc.)

/David Weinehall
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander      \\
//  Project MCA Linux hacker        //  Dance across the winter sky //
\>  http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/    </   Full colour fire           </