Re: Debian Powerbook install

Brendan J Simon <brendan.simon@ctam.com.au> writes:

> Hi Matt,
>
> I have just bought a powerbook and am seeing the same errors that you
> saw.  ie. "hda: lost interrupt".  This must be a kernel issue as I am
> using yaboot to boot the linuxppc cd.  I have successfully installed
> debian on a G4.  I did this by putting appropriate kernels and ramdisk

I have successfully installed Debian on PB Firewire. I put the kernel
from Ben's page http://ppclinux.apple.com/~benh/
(vmlinux-2.2.15pre14-ben1.gz) and a ramdisk.image.gz from Debian to a
HFS disk partition and pointed yaboot at them. Are you using the same
kernel image?

I don't know if the current boot-floppies incorporate a suitable
kernel, I did the installation at the end of March when the support
for PB2000 was just announced. It works very well, no problem so far.
Thanks to Henry Worth and Benjamin Herrenschmidt.

        Jiri