Re: The truth about Apple's fdisk (was: Re: imac install)

Ethan wrote:

> the bootstrap partition will not inerfere with yaboot on the hfs
> partition, you just need to boot into OF and run the following
> command:
>
> boot hd:X,yaboot

For me, yaboot_0.4 cannot find its config file in this situation,
and yaboot_0.5 can't even be executed successfully by OF, unless
the HFS partition is the first one, and even then yaboot_0.5
can't find its default config file properly.  yaboot_0.4 is the
only version I've had any success with, and that's only with
the HFS partition being the first (not counting driver partitions,
of course.)

> if your macos partition is HFS not plus then:
>
> mount -t hfs /dev/hdaX /mnt

This is promising.  I'll give this a go.  Thanks again.