Re: Is it possible to have MOL networking under Debian?

> Actually, I would expect that the two OSes can't ping each other after all,
> they're sharing an ethernet card (and thus a MAC address). Or does tap do
> something odd? maybe...

Yes, it's a network device that makes MOL look to be a machine
connected via Ethernet to the Linux box. The same thing can be
achieved with eth0:1, if you use ethernet to connect to the outside
world.

> I have it working quite nicely - but I'm not using tap at all. What I have is
>
> ####################################
> # Ethernet
> ####################################
>
> disable_osi_enet:       no
> enet_interface:         eth0
>
> and all I had to do was startmol (and then setup MacOS).
>
> Of course, I have the luxury of being able to use dhcp in addition to my 1
> static IP, such that Linux and MacOS end up as peers and I don't need a
> masquerade. But it *can* work in debian, at least.

Are you using MacOS 9? Apparently the current version of Open
Transport is incompatible with MOL networking, and that's what
causing my problem. Ciao,

         Renaud